Monday, November 5, 2007

Reasons to Celebrate

Today we went to the psychologist. She was a required step by our Reproductive Endocrinologist. Although at first we were put off by the fact that our parenthood had to be scrutinized, it was really good to go see her. We had a great conversation about all aspects of our conception and parenthood. Which is uncharted territory in our lives; however, not in the world for sure and we have been really enjoying reading ton's of lesbian mom blogs to see what others are doing (thank you to all of you out there - I have been lurking and gathering a ton of support from you all).

Of course we have have been talking about our future babies for a long time now. We know that H. will be called mom and me mama, we have talked about how we will talk about the donor to our children, and on and on we have talked. But it was really nice to talk to someone else about all this, and she seemed to think we were right on track.

Also, the best outcome of the meeting, was her questioning us about our families and our support networks. We always know we are lucky to have such a wonderful community, BUT....

We are so lucky. Really lucky. Really to the point of making me teary lucky.


Both of our families are excited about an up coming pregnancy. I returned to my office to get an email from one of my "besties" saying congrats on starting prenatal vitamins with the most xoxo's possible. We have a community to bring this not yet conceived baby into.

We were so happy we went to go have coffee and I thought of this place near our doctor, http://www.serendipity3.com/ , and we had coffee but we also shared the biggest sundae known to man. (Sometimes, it is really good to be a tourist in your own town.)After all we were celebrating our life, we have so much to be thankful for and so much to look forward to. We know we are going into stressful times, for sure, and we are so thankful to everyone who will be with us on this journey towards babyhood.

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am late to post. But I hope I'm not too late to add my xs and os to the pile. I'm so excited to gift some hand-knitted hats and booties to the wee one. EFS