Friday, December 28, 2007

When it rains it pours

Well, first off I did not have my surgery today. I got bumped because there was an emergency surgery and also my surgeon has to cover for someone who called out sick. So it is rescheduled for 1/17/08 - Which seems so far away and I am not too happy about that.
Also, H. broke her finger while we were in VT sledding (full xmas update to come). It is broken right in the joint and the bone shatters are impacted into the joint. It actually looks like she will have to have surgery. That's right, you heard me, she might have to have surgery. H.'s finger is purple, yellow, very sensitive to the touch and it just doesn't look right. The emergency doctor at NYU joint hospital gave her Vicodin, and the surgeon today said she should take it when she is in pain. It has been helping a lot but it has also been making her a bit out of it.
So it looks like she will have her surgery before mine so the upside of my surgery being postponed is that we can focus on her hand. The downside of course will be that her hand will be immobilized for 4 - 6 weeks so it is unclear how much she will be able to do around the house after my surgery. Time for the cats to earn their keep.
It is all crazy. We have each had a CT scan in the span of 3 weeks and it looks like we will both have a surgery in the month of January. We are of course ever grateful that we have good insurance and are just sort of shaking our heads at the craziness of this all.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my lord. Ladies you've provided me with enough food and head rubbing over the years and it's high time for you to cash in on all that good karma. I'm happy to make myself available to help around the house or whatever else you need. Just let me know. Anyway, if there's anyone in your life who actually likes housekeeping it's me. Hang in there. R.

Anonymous said...

Nightmare. For both of you. I hope the cats drag back something edible!